Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Photomontage


Project 1.3! Is finally complete. This time we were supposed to start from our text image to put together a whole new composition of 3-5 images. First thoughts: gather images related to allure, unbelievable, shopping, adults, lingerie. Basically anything seducing. I wanted to somehow incorporate photographs of Chattanooga seeing as how that was one of the words and Chattanooga having natural beauty. I worked and worked and worked to make pictures I took fit together with the composition as a whole, but I finally had to let go. Let go completely. It was very hard. haha

Overall, this composition was much more successful than my original one I was working with. In the first one, I had more of a Southern Bell type girl with a flatter sky. Still had the cherry but also had Market Street Bridge with other things. There was just something about it that bothered me and just wasn't working. That's when I came to this composition. I wanted it to allure or suck you into the composition. Possibly with the topless girl holding the cherry(which you can make your own assumptions on it's significance) or with the wooden pathway having the single light pole at the end. Either one of these combined images entices the viewer to wonder what she is going to do or what her true destination is. This was my main goal throughout the project. Very fun project overall.

1 comment:

  1. I agree I think this was is a lot more alluring:0) than the other good job Kels! I don't know what it is about that sky maybe its the colors but I couldn't stop looking at it and the light pole and you know how much I like light poles ties into the composition makes people wonder what you were thinking when you put this in or is there a hidden meaning behind it. I just wanted to voice my opinion ha love you

    ReplyDelete