Monday, February 2, 2009

.Dance as a Work of Art.

To me, art can be catagorized in many ways. One that comes to mind, and is often debated, is dance as a form or work of art. Many people find dancing not to even be related to art, but rather a form of recreation. I kinda got into a heated discussion about this earlier yesterday morning sooooo I thought it best to make my opinion on the issue public. To me, stylized dancing or any form really is magical. Although it's not a picture or story painted or drawn on a piece of paper, dance tells a story through body language and movement which I find to be incredible and dazzling. I don't understand the other view points.

I always enjoyed dancing and didn't start dancing till I was a freshman in highschool. From then on, I have been kind of obsessed I guess you could say. The flexibility of a dancer bewilders me (although I've never really been that flexible...haha) and I think it's one of the most emotional and photogenic ways art could be seen or portrayed. These are a few of my favorites....


















No comments:

Post a Comment